Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Recap and Future thoughts

I would first like to apologize for the delay in this blog post. Spring break has delayed my thoughts in general I believe. I would like to suggest a beginning discussion of book 4 and how it progresses into book five on Monday. We did not really get to discuss it due to the missed class and I think it would be interesting especially with out new insights on book five. Another thing that I have been thinking about it talking to each other about our midterm thoughts? I have not solidified an idea yet but I think it would be cool to hear others thought of their projects and to give feedback. What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. My midterm essay/midterm research has been difficult to focus. Plato is influential enough that it is easy to wander off at a moment's notice into a state of speculative stasis (picking a philosopher or ideology that is interesting to you and tracing its roots back to the Platonic context). I have been researching and writing on two disparate fronts: Plato's effect on the wayfaring Heidegger and the navigation of Plato's Socrates between the Scylla/Charybdis of anti-critical thinking sentiment/nihilistic sophistry of his time (the dangers for Socrates roughly being Pyrrhonian skepticism and Sophistry, although a case has always been made for Socrates-as-a-mystic as well).

    Whichever produces the better essay by April will have selected itself. What topics have the rest of us come up with?

    ReplyDelete